The Upload VIN Data page allows you to upload multiple assets at t time to the fleet profile directly using a CSV file of the asset info.
Requirements for the CSV File
In order to update the vehicle database which is available to the Decisiv Service Management Platform Dealer Network, you need to prepare a CSV (comma separated file) file and upload it using the upload form.
The CSV file can only contain the following fields in the order listed:
- Fleet Name (Required field): The name you used to sign up.
- Action (Required field): This value can be one of the three: Add, Delete, or Update. Based upon the values in these fields, new vehicles will be added, existing vehicles will be deleted, or the existing vehicle database will be updated.
- VIN (Required field): This is the 17 digit VIN.
- Unit Number (Optional field): Enter if your vehicles have assigned unit numbers used by fleet managers, drivers, and others in your organization. Dealers can use unit numbers to search and locate vehicles when creating an estimate.
- Mileage (Optional field): Add if the current mileage is available.
- Notes (Optional field): This can contain any data that’s helpful to the dealers during estimate creation, such as:
- Engine Serial Number
- Transmission Serial Number and Make, Model
- Special instructions for handling a special type of asset
Once you have created the CSV file and saved it on your local hard disk, you can upload it using the form.
Uploading the CSV File
To upload a CSV file:
- From the Portal, select your location.
- From the menu bar, select Admin.
- On the Administrative Tools menu, click Upload VIN-Data.
- On the Upload VIN Data page, click CHOOSE FILE.
- Pick the desired CSV from your computer and click OK.
- Once the file is attached, enter a comment for the file and click UPLOAD FILE.
Once the file is uploaded, a green confirmation message will show at the top of the page to confirm the data was uploaded.