If a parts department has multiple part sources/manufacturers for the same part number, then a part source code may be in use inside of Karmak Fusion.
When performing a Parts, Pricing, and Availability check for a case, the PP&A will always default to the first part source as they line up alphabetically. This means if a part is kept in inventory under Supplier A and Supplier B, the part will show the inventory and price from Supplier A if no parts source is entered.
To allow users to include and define the Parts Source on the Decisiv SRM, you need to enable the Parts Salesman feature in the Case application.
NOTE: You must have Manager permissions or greater for a location to complete this step for that location.
To enable the Parts Source feature:
- From the Portal, select your location.
- From the top menu bar, select ADMIN.
- At the top of the Administrative Tools list, select Customize Your Database.
- At the top of the Dealership Profile list, select Location Information.
- Select the Features tab.
- On the Enable Parts Source dropdown, and select Yes.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Features.
Once enabled, a field will appear in the parts section of the operation window inside Decisiv. This will allow for the part source to be entered when performing a PP&A from Decisiv to Karmak Fusion.
Article is closed for comments.