If you integrated your Case application with CDK, you can set a Default Price Code in your Case application.
If you set a Default Price Code, your service advisors won't have to enter a Price Code for operations they add to a case. The system will automatically populate the Default Price Code for them. Then when they export the repair order to CDK, if you entered the Price Code CDK is expecting for the Default Price Code, the pricing will remain consistent between the two applications.
NOTE: You must be an admin for your location and your location must be integrated with CDK to set the Default Price Code.
To set a Default Price Code:
- Open your location from the Portal.
- From the menu bar, click Admin.
- From the Administrative Tools list, select Customize Your Database.
- From the Customize Your Database list, select Location Information, then select the External Interfaces tab.
- In the Default Price Code field, enter the price code you want the system to default to for all operations added to a case.
- Click SAVE EXTERNAL INTERFACES.
To confirm your default setting, create a case, add an operation to it, then review the Price Code field in the Price Info section of the Edit Operation field. It should match your Default Price Code.
Article is closed for comments.