Combined best practices and rules to enable the best performance.
- All operations should be entered into the Decisiv SRM Platform.
- To update the RO with information from the case, the user must click on the “Export Case to Repair Order” link.
- Parts may now be entered through CDK.
- Users retain the ability to enter parts through the Decisiv SRM Platform.
- Sending of parts information from CDK to the Decisiv SRM Platform occurs when selecting the “F3-Save” option in the PRO function of CDK.
- As long as the case being exported in the Decisiv SRM Platform is not actively being reviewed by any users in CDK, the operation line will update regardless of whether a technician has previously clocked onto the operation line or not.
When a new customer comes into the service location, the user now has the ability to add that customer directly into CDK from the Decisiv SRM Platform. Please note that this feature will only add the customer profile into CDK and will not add the asset to CDK.
- Begin by searching for the customer on the Decisiv SRM Platform.
- If customer is not found, select “New Customer” at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the customers information leaving the “Customer #” field blank
- Upon clicking “Create”, the customer profile will be added to the Decisiv SRM Platform and CDK and the customer number will be auto-populated from CDK.*
- Continue to add the Asset and create the case as specified by your service location's process.
*There are no additional steps or buttons needed to have the customer appear in CDK.
**Decisiv recommends changing the Admin settings for the location for “Customer Sync Behavior” to ONLY SYNC WHEN DMS ID IS NOT PROVIDED.
***It is possible to create a duplicate customer. Decisiv recommends searching extensively for customers before creating a new one.
Customer Credit Info
On the edit case screen, the user can now see the Credit Limit and Credit Available for the Customer from CDK. This credit request will refresh each time the user enters into case. If it is a cash customer, “$0” will display as the credit limit.
Switch/Replace Customer on RO
After opening a RO using the customer the asset is assigned to in CDK, the user may update the “Bill To” field on the Decisiv SRM Platform to the financially responsible party. When using the “Bill To” field on the Decisiv SRM Platform for a case and exporting the case to RO, the name on the related CDK RO will change to match the “Bill To” customer. This allows the user to quickly identify the financially responsible customer on the case and the RO while maintaining the original owning customer in both platforms. Changing the “Bill To” field will also reprice the labor on the estimate.*
*There are no additional steps or buttons needed for the pricing to update. When taken back into the case the new pricing will be seen automatically.
Update Labor Type
Success messages and error messages have been added into the Decisiv SRM Platform to show if the Price Code entered into the Decisiv SRM Platform matches an existing Labor Type in CDK. A success banner will appear at the top of the page if the Price Code used is valid. An error banner will appear at the top of the page if the Price Code used does not exist in CDK.
Update Description of Operations
Users are able to update and customize the operation names on the estimate in the Decisiv SRM Platform. Clicking the “export case to RO” link in the Decisiv SRM Platform will update the operation line in CDK to match the custom operation name.
Update Hours Sold in Operation
Users can update the operation labor hours in the Decisiv SRM Platform at any time during the repair process. When the case is exported to the RO, the labor hours will be updated in CDK.
Parts Pre-Assigned/Sold to the RO
Parts departments have the option of adding parts or updating quantities in either the Decisiv SRM Platform or CDK with the ability to update the other platform. Parts that are deleted from CDK will be removed from the Decisiv SRM Platform automatically.* The Decisiv SRM Platform parts quote functionality remains the same. If quantities are adjusted in the Decisiv SRM Platform, they will show up as a new pre-assigned part in CDK upon export.
To quote parts through CDK, use the PRO function:
- Enter into the PRO function in CDK and enter the repair order.
- To quote parts select “F6-Quote”. This will not relieve your inventory.
- Add the parts you would like to Quote.
- When complete, select “F3-Save”. The parts will automatically be sent to the case in the Decisiv SRM Platform.
- The parts may be sold in the Pre-assigned Parts section as normal.
*Parts that are deleted in the Decisiv SRM Platform must be manually deleted from CDK.
**To prevent duplication of parts on the estimate or repair order, always export case to RO in the Decisiv SRM Platform after entering parts. If entering parts into CDK, always save and exit the RO in the PRO function before working in the case.
Users have the availability of performing parts searches in the Decisiv SRM Platform using either partial part numbers or the part description. The parts search will pull the parts information from CDK to allow for easy selection of the correct part.
- When adding parts onto the case, if an exact match for the part is not found, a link will appear on the part line showing “Go to Search”.
- Clicking on the link will open a pop-up window showing your options to search by part number or part name.
- Enter a full or partial part name or part number.
- A list of parts will appear below the search fields. Select the part number you are looking for from the list.
- Once all parts have been selected, click on Submit Parts to add.
Taxes, Shops Supplies, & Haz Mat Charge Calculations
Users are able to pull the charge calculations for taxes, shop supplies, and haz mat from CDK into the Decisiv SRM Platform case.*
- Click on “Calculate Charges” under the Case-Level Actions. The link is located directly below the link for “Export Case to Repair Order”.
- A success message will appear showing Charge calculation has been scheduled.
- Refresh the case. A green check mark will appear next to the “Calculate Charges” link showing success.**
*Calculations will only be based off of labor and parts sold in the RO in CDK. If a part is pre-assigned but not sold or quoted, it will not be calculated in the charges.
**When a labor or parts change happens on the RO, the Charge Calculations will have to be re-performed.