You can add an asset to a customer quickly and easily using the VIN Decoder feature on the New Asset page.
Once added, you can then enter additional unit and model information on the Edit Asset Screen.
After you finish entering all the required vehicle information, you can create a new case for the asset directly from the Edit Asset Screen.
If you have not yet created a customer, see also: Create a customer
To add an asset to a customer:
- From the menu bar, click Search.
- In the CUSTOMER section, select an option from the dropdown.
The option you select determines what value you'll search by.
If you select All, the system will return any customer with a name, city, state, or number that matches your search.
- Enter a value and click Search.
- When you see the customer you need in the list of results, click the customer's Company Name to view their list of assets.
- From the Asset List page, click Add Asset in the top-right.
- On the New Asset page, enter the last 6 or 8 characters of the VIN in the SERIAL NUMBER field and click Decode Serial.
The system displays any existing or decoded assets that match the SERIAL NUMBER you entered.
- Review the Year, Make, and Model values for the assets in the list, and determine which asset you want to add to the customer.
- If you see the asset you want to add, click Add for that asset.
If not, enter the Year, Make, Model, Engine, and VIN for the asset, then click Create.
NOTE: Once added, you can not edit the Year, Make, Model, Engine, VIN, serial number, unit number, or warranty type for the asset.
- On the Edit Asset page, enter as much of the following information as you can:
- chassis ID
- engine hours
- fuel consumed
- street address
- postal code
- pricing source
- telematics provider
- telematics device ID
- shop notes
- When you finish, click SAVE ASSET in the bottom-left.
In addition to the initial asset information, the Edit Asset page also includes the sections below. They appear collapsed by default on the Edit Asset page. Click them to expand them, then enter as much information as possible. When you finish, click SAVE ASSET in the bottom-left.
Additional Asset Type Information
This section includes asset class, axle configuration information, power source, body configuration information, trailer/container configuration, asset description, and gross weight. ]
Fleet Asset Information
This section includes the fleet in-service date, cost center, USDOT, license plate, license plate state, license plate country, license plate expiration, and asset status.
This section includes the body style description of the asset, model year, order year, and transmission model.
For more on how to add an asset, watch this video: