We recently made changes to the PRICE INFO section of the Edit Operation screen and added a new setting for determining when estimates are posted to fleets. These changes make it easier to see how prices are calculated for an operation, ensure the total prices stay accurate, and give each dealer location control over what actions post an estimate to a fleet.
- Display changes made to Pricing Info section for operations
- Functionality changes made to Pricing Info section for operations
- Setting added for posting estimates when certain quick actions are clicked
- * Added Aug 8, Fixed Price Fields That Are Empty Can Be Edited
- * Added Aug 15, LABOR TIME Only Affects LABOR TOTAL PRICE
- * Added Aug 21, Checkboxes Added to Indicate Fixed Prices
- * Added Aug 21, Operations from other services no longer appear with N/A
Display changes made to Pricing Info section for operations
The following changes affect the look and feel of the PRICE INFO section. They make it easier to see how certain values affect other values and understand where those values come from.
- Renamed certain fields to better indicate which values are calculated:
- LABOR PRICE now called LABOR TOTAL PRICE
- PARTS PRICE now called PARTS TOTAL PRICE
- FIXED PRICE now called FIXED TOTAL PRICE
- Moved two fields closer to the calculated prices they impact:
- Moved SKILL LEVEL down from the OPERATION INFO section to the PRICE INFO section because it can affect labor prices.
- Moved PRICE CODE above the price totals because it can affect price totals.
- Added a new HOURLY LABOR RATE field to show the LABOR TOTAL PRICE is calculated.
- Value is read-only.
- Includes an icon indicating where the rate came from.
- Updates based on the selected SKILL LEVEL.
- Added a tooltip to the PRICE CODE indicating if changes to the PRICE CODE will not impact any calculated prices for operations with FIXED TOTAL PRICE.
Functionality changes made to Pricing Info section for operations
The following changes affect how the PRICE INFO section works. They make sure fixed prices stay fixed and ensure calculations are clear and accurate.
When these changes are implemented, if the pricing of an added operation will not work for their needs, the user must select a different operation, or create a custom operation.
- If an operation has a fixed price, that price field now displays as read-only and includes the word FIXED in the name. This includes:
- FIXED LABOR TOTAL PRICE
- FIXED PARTS TOTAL PRICE
- FIXED TOTAL PRICE
NOTE: If users want to modify a fixed price, they now need to select a different operation or create a custom one.
- If an operation has a fixed price, any fields that no longer apply now display as N/A since values entered in those fields won’t change the fixed price. This includes any of the following depending on which price is fixed:
- LABOR TIME
- SKILL LEVEL
- HOURLY LABOR RATE
- LABOR TOTAL PRICE
- PARTS TOTAL PRICE
- Users can still enter a PRICE CODE for any operation, but now that value can and will only affect prices that aren’t fixed.
For example, if an operation has a FIXED PARTS TOTAL PRICE but uses standard labor pricing, the PRICE CODE entered will only impact the LABOR TOTAL PRICE and not the FIXED PARTS TOTAL PRICE.
If an operation has a FIXED TOTAL PRICE, the PRICE CODE will save to the operation but will have no effect on the FIXED TOTAL PRICE.
Setting added for posting estimates when certain quick actions are clicked
Currently, if an estimate includes any line items or is updated in any way, and a user clicks Asset Ready or Asset in Service, an updated estimate is posted to the fleet. Now dealer admins and global admins can use a setting to decide whether or not these actions result in the posting of an estimate.
The new setting is called Post Estimate with Quick Action Button and appears on the Features tab of the Location Information screen.
By default, this setting is set to YES, so estimates will continue to post, but if set to NO, users will need to click Post to Fleet to post an updated estimate to the fleet.
* Added Aug 8, Fixed Price Fields That Are Empty Can Be Edited
As we mentioned above, we made changes to the Price Info section of the Edit Operation screen that made the Labor Total Price and Fixed Total Price fields read-only to prevent users from changing fixed prices in Case.
Some of you, however, have operations in Builder with no fixed price specifically so users can enter the fixed price when the operation is added to a case.
Based on that, we made an additional change on Monday, August 8.
If an operation has no fixed prices in Builder, users will be able to add one in Case. Once saved, the fixed price field will be read-only. If an operation has a fixed Labor Total Price, the Labor Total Price will stay read-only as expected, but the Fixed Total Price will still be editable until a value is saved.
Coming soon, we’ll add screen elements to these fields so you can indicate which fields you want to stay fixed.
* Added Aug 15, LABOR TIME Only Affects LABOR TOTAL PRICE
Previously, when users saved a value to the LABOR TIME for an operation with no fixed price, the LABOR TOTAL PRICE populated and displayed as fixed, the HOURLY LABOR RATE displayed as N/A, and the SKILL LEVEL displayed as N/A, preventing you from entering or editing their values.
Now those fields that were editable remain editable regardless of the LABOR TIME you enter. Fields will only display as N/A when they are related to a fixed-price operation and not part of the price calculation.
* Added Aug 21, Checkboxes Added to Indicate Fixed Prices
Checkboxes now appear next to the LABOR TOTAL PRICE and FIXED TOTAL PRICE fields. When checked, it makes the price fixed in the system and any fields that no longer apply now display as N/A. If it’s unchecked, users can edit the price and any other possible fields.
If a price is fixed in Builder, the checkbox will be checked by default in the PRICING INFO section.
You can uncheck the box at any time, but the change will be recorded in the system. This allows the fixed prices to be edited as needed but keeps a record of the changes so they can be referenced later.
* Added Aug 21, Operations from other services no longer appear with N/A
Previously, when operations with no fixed price and no default Skill Level came from an outside service, the Skill Level appeared as N/A preventing you from editing it.
Now when you add an operation from an outside service, any fields that are empty and impact the total price stay empty and editable. Fields will only display as N/A when they are related to a fixed-price operation and not part of the price calculation.
All service provider Case users
Providing Feedback or Requesting Support
If you have any questions or feedback related to these improvements or have any other questions, please contact Support at email@example.com.
Article is closed for comments.