You can create a case for an asset from your dealer location by first searching for the asset.
To create a case:
- From the menu bar in the top right, click Search.
The Search screen shown below displays.
- From the ASSET section, use the drop-down to select a type of search:
- Unit number
- Full VIN number
- Engine Serial
- In the text box, enter your search criteria and click SEARCH.
- When you see the asset in the Dealer Assets section, click New Case to create a new service event.
NOTE: If the desired asset has never been to your service location before, it will show up in the Fleet Owned Assets section shown below. Click Add Fleet Asset to add that asset to the Dealer Assets section for future use and then click New Case to create a case for it.
- From the Quick Actions section of the Editing Case screen that displays, click Check-In.
- From the RECIPIENTS section, select the users you want to receive notifications about the case.
- Enter the asset ARRIVED AT date and time.
- Enter a custom note about the case or select a saved response.
- Click OK to submit the new case.